It started off as just an average day when I woke up. I crawled out of bed and snuggled with my grandparents poodles and logged on to what has since taken over my life: WordPress.
I saw the bright orange icon at the top of the screen and smiled because it always means good news. I clicked it and realized that it was greater than I expected because it notified me that the lovely Kayla @ The Thousand Lives had nominated me for the Liebster Award. Suddenly, my day didn’t seem so average.
Thank you so much Kayla, it means so much to me that people even read my blog let alone enjoy it. Congratulations yourself on being nominated as you most certainly deserved it!
First for those that are unaware the Liebster Award is supposed to recognize those blogs that are of the up-and-coming sort. (So imagine my blush when I found out that Kayla nominated me)!
Now, the rules are as follows:
- Link back the blogger that tagged you
- Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
- Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
- Let your nominees know of their award
The Questions from Kayla
1. How long did it take you to settle in to your blog (how you wanted to write, how you wanted to lay out your posts, what sort of graphics you wanted to use, what theme to use, etc.)?
I would say it took me about two months to finally find my groove. I finally started organizing my blog, planning out what I wanted to write and designing my blog to better suit my tastes. That in no way means that I don’t need improvements, there are still things that I’m constantly tweaking.
2. How long have you been blogging, and what made you start blogging?
I am fairly new to the blogging world having started May 22nd of this year. It was my mom that said I should blog about books as I’m always finishing books and bugging people to read them too so I can discuss them.
3. Give me a profile of yourself (age, location, job, school, some favorites, etc)?
Alright! I’m 21, I live in Central California (farming county), I work as a Food Service Aide for a high school. Some of my favorite things include: Runts– favorite candy; Pineapple– favorite fruit; Christmas– favorite holiday; Mrs. May– favorite English teacher; Joey– favorite F.R.I.E.N.D.S. character; Newsroom– currently favorite show.
4. What was your best memory in high school?
Performing in the high school play, Blithe Spirit. I played Edith, the maid (but I stole the show) 😉
5. Who inspires you, and why?
My sister Hayley, she is younger than me but so much stronger even though she doesn’t believe it. She enjoys life and I know she will get all that she wants out of it.
6. What are your three favorite books?
This is an unbelievably hard question, but at the top of my head: To Kill a Mockingbird, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and Ella Enchanted.
7. What book has influenced you the most in your life?
To Kill a Mockingbird, it taught me to always look at things with a new perspective.
8. Which character would be your best friend, if they were in the flesh?
Hmmm…probably Lucy from the Chronicles of Narnia as I’m so ready to believe in magic.
9. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
The entire Lord of the Rings trilogy, it was so well done!
10. If you could say one thing to your favorite author, what would it be and who would it be to?
Thank you, because no other words could do justice.
My 10 nominees include:
- Dewey Decimal’s Butler
- Classy Cat Books
- Revolution for Breakfast
- The Knee Deep Life
- Storytime With Buffy
- Jann Lee
- The Chronicles of Radiya
- Book Adoration
My Questions for my nominees include:
1. What is something you are determined to do before you die?
2. What is a memory that makes you smile?
3. Where do you prefer to read?
4. Do you have a hero or heroine? Why are they so?
5. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
6. How do you fight writer’s block?
7. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
8. Do you have any recommendations for other bloggers?
9. Do you like it when it’s a sunny day or a cloudy day?
10. Are a fast reader or slow reader?
Thank you again Kayla for the nomination and I look forward to seeing all of my nominee’s posts. Happy reading everybody!
- I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award! (llewsoba.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (mycitystyle.org)
- Sunday Funday: Liebster Award Nomination!! (myasmusingsblog.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award Nomination (thefrugalouslife.com)
- Spread The Love: Liebster Blog Award (trinemarie.com)
- Nominated for the Liebster Award!! (escapingthemundane.wordpress.com)
- I’ve got nominated for the Liebster Award… (fabesfashion.wordpress.com)
- Second Liebster Award Nomination!!!!! (thewomaninthedress.com)
- 2 Liebster Award Nominations For Me! (molliebridgeman.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Awards! (sooolastyear.com)