I have to say I had a terrific day. Yesterday in 109 degree weather the power went out, so that of course meant no air conditioning. After several miserable hours the power finally came back on around 12:30am but it was still difficult to go to sleep therefore I was NOT looking forward to work in the morning.
Well, I woke up and saw I had a voicemail from my lovely boss and I listened to it still half asleep and discovered that school was canceled because of the previous day’s power outage! I didn’t have to go in to work!!!
I simply didn’t think my day could get any better, but it did! After a cool shower and breakfast I logged on to my favorite website to check out the blogging community. Low and behold I found out that I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger award by the oh so lovely Alyssa @ The Knee Deep Life. This blogger is incredibly talented and witty. Her blog is about crossing items off her bucket list and it is an enjoyment to read. Her posts inspire me to be active in life from the big things like sky diving to the little things like staying up all night. Please check out her blog, I beg of you! You’ll be absolutely enchanted!
Thank you so much Aylssa. You are such an inspiring person and I look forward to reading your posts everyday (thank goodness you’re back from you’re two hiatus) so it’s very flattering that you consider my blog award worthy. Congratulations yourself on the nomination I can’t wait to see how you’re blog further develops!
According to the rules that go along with acceptance of the award I must nominate 15 deserving bloggers and reveal 7 facts about me that you didn’t already know. (Yikes).
My nominees are as follows (just to be fair I wanted to nominate new people, so to my nominees of the Liebster award please know that I absolutely adore your blogs I’m simply trying to shine light on other blogs this time):
- Kayla @ The Thousand Lives— her passion for books shines through every post
- Suni @ Getting Rid of Boredom— for doing a thorough job at keeping boredom at bay
- Shelf-Made Girl— She keeps her blog light with her humor and will make an excellent English teacher
- Katy @ A Blighted One— she just started a really cool feature in which guest bloggers share their stories of who influenced them to read, and you can still sign up to share yours
- Mini @ The Skeptical Reader— for keeping her blog eclectic
- Jessie @ The Word Nerd— for thought-provoking reviews
- Lifeofafemalebibliophile— for mixing the informative with personal reflection like a true pro
I know that’s only half but apparently I follow many blogs that do not like to accept awards so I had to delete many from the list. I hope I’m not thrown in blogger jail for this. (Although it almost sounds like a nice place)! 🙂
Okay now for seven facts you didn’t already know about me:
- My first big part in theater was Annelle in Steel Magnolias
- I got Science Student of the Year in 8th grade, my family thought it was a joke
- I still don’t have a driver’s licence simply because I’ve been too lazy to go to the DMV, therefore I spend a lot of time reading on the bus
- I am extremely stubborn, like the kind of stubborn that won’t allow me to say sorry first and has to get the last hit kind of stubborn.
- My dream would be to compete on the show Survivor
- I’d love to pursue a career in speech writing
- My favorite part of going to the movies is the trailers, I consider them an art of sorts
Alright, that’s all you’re getting out of me at least for now. 😉 I’m off to let my nominees know and I just want to say thank you to all of those that take the time to read my blog. It means so much to me!
Oh and before I sign off I need to thank Lizzie at Bookmark Your Dreams who nominated me for the Liebster Award and I thought I would save you lovely readers from another post on the award and just dedicate an entry to the thanking of my lovely nominator. Lizzie has an incredible blog and what I love most about it is her feistiness. All her emotions run through each post giving it an authentic taste and she most certainly is not afraid of her opinion being heard. She’s a passionate blogger and a fellow book reader so please check out her blog. It’ fun, intriguing and all about books (the best subject ever)! Thank you so very much Lizzie for this nomination, it means so much to me! I often get self conscious of my blogging especially when I encounter really big blogs that seem to have it all together. Readers like you chase my doubt away and keep me blogging. I’ve been so lucky to make great friends like you and others in the blogging community. Also Lizzie, congratulations yourself on your nomination! You are most certainly an up-and-coming blog and I can’t wait to see how it further develops. (Plus, don’t change your blog name I really like it)! 😉
Goodnight everyone and thanks for reading!
- Liebster Award Nomination (aliceandmolly.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (mynovelopinion.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award: Third Edition (crazynypostgradlife.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award Nomination (thecommonmap.com)
- The Liebster Award (tuesdaytheory.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award! (mylifemyblogzane.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award (jennifersivec.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award! (dailygluttony.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award Winner! (fivequickminutes.wordpress.com)
- Themaskofbeauty: The Versatile blogger awards! (themaskofbeauty.wordpress.com)