I’m really starting to love this whole blogging thing. It makes me so happy and fulfills a sense of purpose. (Am I being over-dramatic)?
So, (getting to the point), the brilliant and talented Sarah Evans absolutely made my day by nominating me for the Liebster Award.
Apparently this award (along with meaning “dearest” in German) recognizes the up-and-coming (no pressure) blogs with less than 200 followers.
Thank you Sarah, it means so much that you would count my blog in this category and congratulations yourself. It’s very obvious that your blog, A Place That Does Not Exist, is most definitely of the up-and-coming sort.
Now of course, there are rules. You can’t act just willy nilly on such matters (even though I try). Rules for nominees are:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts (that’s a lot) about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag backs.
Thank you again Sarah! You put a smile on my face today. (Which is something you have in common with chocolate).
Alright ladies and gents, shall we dive into this together?
11 Personal Facts:
1. I am listening to the Jonas Brothers first album as I write this (reminding me of my early teen days so no judgement).
2. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney film (but that’s pretty predictable considering that gorgeous library beckons all book lovers).
3. I’m writing a sequel to Peter Pan. It’s set 10 years after Wendy left Neverland, and Peter, missing her terribly, leaves to visit her. Midflight however, he ages 10 years and is stuck in London with Wendy.
4. I’m writing another novel, but I can’t share what it is about just yet (just that it is epic).
5. I was awarded Science Student of the Year in junior high even though I detest the subject. (DETEST IT)!
6. I love the movie, Gone with the Wind, even though I hate the ending
7. I always write my blog posts on paper before typing them out. (I know– weird).
8. I truly believe that the Harry Potter series is THE best series ever made. I can not be convinced otherwise.
9. I’m thinking of dying my hair brown but am conflicted only for the fact that I would have to change my blog title.
10. I LOVE going to the movies! I have a huge respect for cinema and love everything about the movie experience– from the popcorn to the trailers. (Okay, mostly the popcorn).
11. The first thing I learned how to cook was scrambled eggs– and it continues to be the only thing I know how to cook. (Sad).
11 Questions from Sarah:
1. Gadget Geek or Technophobe? Great question, I’m a little bit of both, probably more gadget geek than technophobe. I love my laptop, phone, and Playstation; and am currently saving money for a tablet. However at the same time I am frightened how far we are taking technology, taking Siri for example. Disney channel showed me with its original movie, Smart House, that Siri has the potential to be dangerous (and I always trust my Disney sources).
2. Who’s your favorite author or movie director? Well, even though I adore and love many authors, my favorite would have to be J.K. Rowling.
3. What’s the best book you’ve read this year? So far, The Fault in Our Stars. It spoke to me on so many levels.
4. Favorite band? Augustana– adore their music.
5. What’s something embarrassing that happened to you recently? Cleaning my room. I was so embarrassed that I had let it get that bad. (It was a ‘bad’ that you can not even comprehend).
6. Road trip or Airplane? Road trip even though I have always wanted to fly, I love long road trips! Leaves a lot of time for thinking.
7. Who is your hero or idol? I don’t necessarily have one however I do admire Demi Lovato as I have someone close to me going through the same struggles. She keeps her head up despite of everything and it’s encouraging.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up, when you were a kid? An actress, that feeling fo giving it your all in a performance is unmatched.
9. Name something you do when you’re anxious. I read. It is the BEST way to forget your troubles.
10. Name something you do when you’re angry. I cry– to my humiliation. I can’t help it I have bad reactions to certain situations. If I’m dealing with a sad situation I smile or even laugh. (Go ahead and think I’m horrible now).
11. Name something you do when you’re happy. Well usually when I’m happy I’m inspired so I channel that inspiration into creative energy– writing and acting.
My 11 Questions for Nominees:
1. Are you a wheat bread or white bread person?
2. Name a book or movie character you would marry on the spot.
3. What is your favorite part about yourself (does not have to be a physical part)?
4. What made you decide to start a blog?
5. Name the first song that comes to mind.
6. What is something you wish for but know it is an impossibility?
7. What is your favorite season?
8. What is the first book that comes to mind?
9. Who is someone you depend on?
10. What quote inspires you?
11. If you could change your name, what would it be?
Nominees in no particular order:
- A Morose Bookshelf
- Bitten by the Lit Bug
- Book Talk
- Bookshelves and Windows
- Classy Cat Books
- Eye Have A Lot of Feelings
- It’s a Beautiful Ride
- Nightmares, Day Dreams, and Imagined Conversations
I would like to thank Sarah again and all my readers. It means so much to me (I’m not normally this mushy) that people read my blog and enjoy it enough to come back. Looking forward to a LONG blogging adventure!
- Liebster Award (lmlewiswrites.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award Nominations! (aplacethatdoesnotexist.wordpress.com)
- I’m a Liebster Award Nominee! (summerthat.com)
- Nominated for the Liebster Blog Award! (elegantparis.wordpress.com)
- Liebster award (spasmostar.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (ambitiouspoet.wordpress.com)