It’s Sunday, the beginning of a new week, so that means it’s time for a Bloggin’ Recap. A feature inspired by A Bookish Heart. Every Sunday I’ll get the chance to tell you what’s going on in my life, what I’ve posted for the week, what to expect in the upcoming week and posts I enjoyed from other bloggers.
In the Real World
I’ve been pretty busy this week with work and making preparations for the play. I’m so frightened that I’m not going to be a good director that it’s distracting me from blogging and reading. (Hence the late night posts). I’ll spend all my time looking up directing techniques and wallowing in my doubt and insecurities. This Sunday however I feel renewed. I’m going to stop thinking about HOW I want to direct and just for lack of better terms DO IT. I’m going to channel my inner steam engine and repeat to myself “I thinking can-I think I can-I think I can.”
I’ve just started my two-week venture of house sitting for my aunt. It’s actually house sitting and pet sitting as she has two adorable dogs and one loveable cat. It’s pretty much the best job ever as I LOVE dogs, just the sight of them makes me smile. So for two whole weeks I get to pretend like these dogs are mine and we are having so much fun! Their names are Sugar and K.C. Sugar is a sweet heart, she will sit in your lap all day and she LOVES to be brushed! As soon as I take out the brush she jumps right into my lap. K.C. is an old geezer and people like to say he grumpy but I’ve never had any problems with him. He can still jump when I make my way over to the bag of treats so I know he’s still got some snap in him.
I published my 100th post this week which was pretty exciting. It wasn’t particularly great or anything, just another 30 Day Book Challenge post but I stared at it for a long time before clicking the publish button, I don’t know if that makes me silly but I don’t care. I guess a part of me never expected to make it this far but the people in the blogging world have been so supportive that I’ve been inspired everyday. So… thank you, ALL of you for writing wonderful posts and taking the time to read mine! 🙂
How was your week?
What I’ve Posted This Week
I’ve still managed to keep up with the challenge, but only just barely:
- Day 17- Favorite Quote From a Book
- Day 18- A Book That Made You Laugh
- Day 19- Favorite Book Turned Into a Movie
- Day 20- Favorite Romance Book
- Day 21- Favorite Book From Your Childhood
- Day 22- Favorite Villain From a Book
- Day 23- A Book You Wanted to Read for a Long Time
Along with the challenge I’ve posted:
- I accepted The Liebster Award
- What Kind of Book Shelf Person Are You?
- I accepted The Versatile Blogger Award
- Shared my wish for In the Woods by Tana French
- Converting People to the Bookworm Religion
- Did another feature of Spread the Word: Spotlighting Becky @ Blogs-of-a-Bookaholic
Posts to Look Forward to this Week:
- Who Were You in English Class?
- The (should be) Punishments for Misusing a Book
Posts from Blogging Buddies that I’ve Enjoyed:
- Blogs-of-a-Bookaholic shares what book(s) she wishes she could live in
- BOOKMARK YOUR DREAMS shares her thoughts on The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Caughtwithinpages shares her thoughts on The Ocean at the End of the Lane
- From Cover to Cover shares her thoughts on Oranges are not the only Fruit
- Book Adoration shares her thoughts on The Book Thief
- Lifeofafemalebibliophile reveals her blogging quirks
- NutFreeNerd does another Friday Fandom feature in which she talks about is Not in the Hobbit
- Revolution for Breakfast talks about Jodi Arias and the Vanderbilt Scandal
- The Chronicles of Radiya reveals her Favorite Romance Book
- The Skeptical Reader shares her thoughts on Consume
- The Thousand Lives talks about Books, Fire and Insurance
- A Blighted One shares her thoughts on When You Were Here
- A Bookish Heart talks about why she never requests ARCs
- Books for a Delicate Eternity was awarded The Versatile Blogger Award
- Books, Tea and Me talks about Traveling Light when it comes to books
- Classy Cat Books shares her thoughts on Siege and Storm
- Dacecenker writes about The Happiness Well
- Dewey Decimal’s Butler shares a Literary Moment- The School Bus
- Eye Have a Lot of Feelings talks about her time in Prague- Day 1
- Flip that Page discusses Discussion Posts
- Little Book Star talks about Commenting Back
- Shelf-Made Girl reveals her Favorite Book Turned into a Movie
- Storytime With Buffy asks Is August Over Yet?
- The Knee Deep Life posts a little Inspiration for Your Day
That’s the end of today’s recap, what was this week like for you? Read anything good? Do anything fun? Share it below and happy reading!
- Ahh I’m bloggin (hannahbusenitz.wordpress.com)
- Week 5 reflections – Just keep bloggin (learningandicts.wordpress.com)
- Difficult Bloggin’ (kyeongeunkim.wordpress.com)
- Why haven’t you been bloggin’? (notyourfamily.wordpress.com)
- Behind the Blog with Amber Interiors (stylemepretty.com)