Welcome to my first ever Bloggin’ Recap. A new feature inspired by A Bookish Heart. Every Sunday I’ll get the chance to tell you what’s going on in my life, what I’ve posted for the week, what to expect in the upcoming week and posts I enjoyed from other bloggers.
In the Real World:
The school year has finally begun so that means I’m back to work! I work as a Food Service Aide (fancy terms for lunch lady) and it’s only a part-time job while I’m in school. Oddly enough I really like it, the people are work with are such characters and always make work fun. Tomorrow I actually test for a job that will bring more hours and higher pay raise so even though I’ll be sorry to say goodbye to my lovely co-workers, keep your fingers crossed for me!
I’ve been in the midst of preparations for next month as I am directing a play, Bus Stop for my local theater. I still haven’t quite worked out how I’ll be doing work, directing and blogging but I’ll find a way, blogging has become too important to me to give up.
I started The Stand by Stephen King on Friday, and realized that the edition I’m reading is the “Complete and Uncut” edition making it a whopping 1153 pages long. I’m going to try to finish on time to review this upcoming week but…I don’t know if it’s physically possible. The good news is I’m 100 pages in and really liking it! As my first Stephen King novel I was a bit intimidated but he’s a fantastic author, gripping me with his writing from the first page.
That’s all the news from me this week, how did your week turn out?
What I’ve Posted This Week:
I’m proud to say that I’ve been doing well at keeping up with the 30 Day Book Challenge, I’ve posted:
- Day 10— Favorite Classic Book
- Day 11— A Book You Hated
- Day 12— A Book You Used to Love But Don’t Anymore
- Day 13— Your Favorite Author
- Day 14— Favorite Author(s) from Your Childhood
- Day 15— Your Five Favorite Characters of All Time
- Day 16— Your Favorite Genre
Along with the challenge I’ve posted:
- A Review on The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis
- Judging a Book by it’s Cover Intervention
- The First Book Store Trip
- Shared my wish for The Ghost Bride by Yangszee Choo
- A Review on The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis
- Shared some of my Favorite Closing Lines in Novels
- Started my first ever feature of Spread the Word: Spotlighting Lauren @ Revolution for Breakfast
Posts to Look Forward to this Upcoming Week:
- What kind of Book Shelf Person are You?
- Converting People to the Bookworm religion
Posts from Blogging Buddies that I’ve enjoyed this Week:
- Revolution for Breakfast shared an interesting post for Blurbsday
- Blogs-of-a-Bookaholic shares what she thinks is the most underrated book
- Dewey Decimal’s Butler shares an insightful post Literary Moment– The Walker
- Story Time With Buffy posted a great review of Alif the Unseen
- NutFreeNerd recently hosted a fun Giveaway
- Disquietus posted an A to Z survey on bookish things
- A Bookish Heart asks do readers secretly wish to be writers
- Bookmark Your Dreams posted a great review of Days of Blood and Starlight
- Book Adoration also posted a great review of A Monster Calls
- Books for a Delicate Eternity posted her thoughts on the rating system for books
- Books, Tea and Me posed the question if books could talk
- Classy Cat Books told us what she thought of Shadow and Bone
- Doing Dewey was awarded the Versatile Blogger Award
- Eye Have A Lot of Feelings catches up on all her award posts
- From Cover to Cover shares her thoughts on The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- Jann Lee recommends The Silent Wife
- One Little Library looks back on Literary Wives: Looking Back and Looking Ahead
- Project Light to Life crosses off her bucket list: Pay the Toll for the Car Behind Me
- Ramblings of an Elfpire gives a review on Let it Snow
- Sisterhood of the Books catches us up on her life in Friday Confessional
- Sorry Television shares her thoughts in Wild’n Out: Cheryl Strayed Makes Your Summer Seem Stupid
- A Thousand Lives reveals Netflix Treasures
That’s the end of today’s recap, what was this week like for you? Read anything good? Do anything fun? Share it below and happy reading!
- Bookish Recap (forbooksandcake.wordpress.com)
- Old School Bloggin’ (thegirlintheorange.com)
- [Finally] FitBloggin Recap (livingmadehealthy.com)
- Bilbo Bloggins (jsdailyrelease.wordpress.com)
- My Bookish A to Z (mynovelopinion.wordpress.com)
- My First Bloggin’ Smashingly Awesomesauce’ish’ Post! (skittlesonsl.wordpress.com)
- Ahh I’m bloggin (hannahbusenitz.wordpress.com)