If you haven’t heard of this challenge by now then you should know it’s so much fun! It was created by the blogger of Good Books, Good Wine and has really been causing me to think of how I run this here old book blog. Now, on to today’s challenge!
Day 14: Tell us your deal breakers
I have very few as I sincerely try to keep an open mind nowadays so don’t expect a long list! (I better not see anybody sighing in relief)!
- Bad Endings— What do I mean by this? No resolution. I don’t want to read a whole entire book just for there to be a lack of resolution! Nothing makes me more angry (except specifically saving all the red skittles for last and then somebody else eating them)!
- “Sad” novels– What I mean by “sad” is when the author builds this connection with a character and then kills them off to make you cry so that they can say they “touched” you. No. That drives me bonkers, killing off a character because it is necessary for the story is one thing, but killing off a character just to make me cry makes you a jerk.
- Written by Nicholas Sparks– See both reasons above
That’s about it for me. I really try to read everything so I’m not generally prejudiced against any one kind of book (with a few exceptions as you can see above). What about you guys? Do you have any deal breakers? I hope you’ll share them with me by commenting below and happy reading!
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Day 1 (booksforbirds.wordpress.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 5 (youngadultbookmadness.wordpress.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger challenge: Blogger fatigue (Day 12) (studentspyglass.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge – Day 14 (unconventionalbookviews.com)