Well folks, time sure does go by fast. It’s day 10 of this super fun challenge which was created by the blogger of Good Books, Good Wine. So if you would like to know a little more about me then go ahead and keep reading. If you don’t want to know more about me, just pretend you’re reading about someone else. (That’s what I do).
Day 10: How do you choose what book to read next?
Whew! Well it’s a long, complicated process but I’ll try to shorten it up a bit. (I can feel all the grateful looks).
1. I go to my bookshelf. (I could have included the many pit stops on the way to the bookshelf but I promised the shortened version so the shortened version is what you’re going to get).
2. When I finish a book I generally want to move on to a new genre. So I take out all books of the same genre I just read. Now my bookshelf is filled with bright, shining options.
3. An hour or three is spent with me examining each book, reading their blurbs.
4. I close my eyes getting frustrated with my lack of indecision and point my finger at a random book.
5. I open my eyes to see what book I’ve picked. I look at it for 5-7 seconds and shake my head. I take the book off the bookshelf and eliminate it as an option.
(It’s a sad process)
6. I try to make my eyes as big as possible to see if I can see all the books on my bookshelf at once. I can’t.
7. I let out a sigh and determine that all I need is some brain power and decide to go get a snack.
8. I get a snack. (Again, I’m trying to give you the short version)
9. I come back feeling energized and look at my options. Suddenly my energy is gone. I let out another sigh.
10. Finally, totally frustrated now I grab two random books and take them to my mom.
11. I ask her to pick one.
12. She picks one.
13. I go back to my room and start reading the one she didn’t pick. (Not because I don’t trust her judgement, because it’s the law of the mother/daughter relationship.)
*Repeat process when finished with book
I did my best to give you guys the short version. Trust me, I could have gone on much longer… How do you choose which book to read next? Comment below and happy reading!
- 15-Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 6 (zaraalexis.wordpress.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Day Ten (Hosted by Good Books & Good Wine) (readinginwinter.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 3 (youngadultbookmadness.wordpress.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Day One (Hosted by Good Books & Good Wine) (readinginwinter.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge – Day 1 (unconventionalbookviews.com)
- 15-Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 5 (zaraalexis.wordpress.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 5! (delicateeternity.wordpress.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 4! (delicateeternity.wordpress.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 5 (thegrownupya.wordpress.com)