Alright fellow readers, it’s day four of the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge, created by the blogger of Good Books, Good Wine. You know what that means…we do the day four challenge! (Bet you didn’t see that coming).
Day 4: What’s the last book you flung across the room?
Well, I don’t exhibit violence against my books, to me it’s like abusing an animal; they are completely defenseless and only want you to love them.
However, unlike animals I have yelled at books asking the author ( because she can hear me from my room) “WHY?!!” In my book, this pretty much equates to flinging a novel across the room, they both get the message across.
I recently read Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. My sister had to read it for her class and she doesn’t much care for reading just yet, so I read it to her to try to make it more fun.
(If you have read this book you know what is coming next).
When the dogs died at the end of the novel I was shaking with rage. I didn’t understand why the author had to kill them off; was it to make the reader appreciate them more? Was it so that we learn all good things must come to an end? I don’t know and honestly I DONT CARE!
The author spent so much time building our affection towards these dogs so that when he killed them off, it felt like WE had lost our dogs.
I can appreciate a sad ending, but this was not a sad ending! This was a joke pulled on the readers by the author. I did not appreciate it or enjoy it.
And it took one BIG bowl of ice cream to calm my hysterical sister.
So…that was the book I wanted to fling across the room…and stomp to pieces…and burn to ashes.
Do any books inspire this feeling in you? Maybe a little less extreme? If so let me know (it will make me feel better) and happy reading!
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 3 (youngadultbookmadness.wordpress.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge, Day 4 – Flinging Books (chapterbreak.wordpress.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 5 (thegrownupya.wordpress.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 4 (thegrownupya.wordpress.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge – Day 1 (unconventionalbookviews.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge – Day 4 (unconventionalbookviews.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 4! (delicateeternity.wordpress.com)
- 15-Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 1 (zaraalexis.wordpress.com)