The brilliant blogger of Good Books, Good Wine thought of this challenge. Once challenged I always see it through so here we go fellow book lovers, day two!
Day 2: What’s your bedtime reading ritual?
Would you guys prefer to hear the highly detailed version complete with title page and outline? Or would you rather see the fast and easy steps? Too bad, I’m going with the fast and easy steps.
1. [Sitting on couch] I look at the clock and determine that it is indeed bedtime. There’s not usually an exclamation of any sort unless I’m reading a medieval novel.
2. I get off the couch and walk down into my room and– suddenly stop! I immediately turn around and enter the restroom. For my sake (and yours) I shall skip past this part.
3. I exit the restroom face washed, teeth brushed and bladder empty. I retrace my steps back to my bedroom ( which is a grand total of 7 steps).
4. Once in room I scan the area for anything that does not belong there (bugs, monsters– the usual).
5. I proclaim the room safe (in my head) and pull the covers back, stack my pillows in a comfortable but sturdy (very important) stack and climb into bed.
6. Turn on bed side lamp, plug phone into charger and reach for my boo– that’s when I realize I left book in living room.
7. Repeat steps #2-5
8. Relaxed and nestled into bed, dig into my book from where I left off.
9. Read until my eyes can’t stay open.
10. Close book, too tired to put book mark in which darn it, I left in the living room. Put book on night stand assuring myself I’ll remember where I was tomorrow. Fumble with light switch on bed side lamp until it turns off and then turn over exhausted.
11. Ever so slightly snore.
For some reason I feel like some sort of illusion just shattered. Would love to hear your bed time reading ritual (it can’t be worse than mine). Comment below and happy reading!
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 2 and 3 (janysbookblog.wordpress.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge – Day Two (ohmagichour.wordpress.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 2 (youngadultbookmadness.wordpress.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge – Day 2 (unconventionalbookviews.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 3! (delicateeternity.wordpress.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Day Three (Hosted by Good Books & Good Wine) (readinginwinter.com)
- 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge – Day 1 (unconventionalbookviews.com)