You know, when I started this whole blogging thing I really wasn’t counting on anybody reading what I wrote. I just needed an outlet to express my creative frustration and knew that book reviewing was the route to go. Then people started reading and I got to share my favorite joy in life.
Now to my surprise I have been awarded the Liebster (means “dearest” in German) award and the Inner Peace (means “inner peace” in German) award by the wonderful and wise, Steve, author of the Imagineer-ing blog. (Go check out his blog this minute, it’s awesome, just remember to come back).
Thank you Steve, I am most honored to even be considered by you let alone nominated. Congratulations yourself on being nominated, you most certainly deserved it!
So there seems to be a list of tasks upon receiving the awards. They are:
- list eleven random facts about me
- nominate eleven bloggers upon receiving nomination
- ask eleven questions the bloggers must answer upon receiving the nomination
- answer the eleven questions you were asked when you were nominated
- link back to the person who nominated you
(Someone likes the number eleven)!
Alright fellow book lovers, (as said in numerous action movies) let’s do this!
Eleven Random Facts:
- I love dinosaurs! Always have since I was little and now own all of the Jurassic Park series, Land Before Time series, Dinotopia miniseries and am always taping televisions shows that promises dino action.
- I am the least photogenic person in the universe– hands down. I don’t need words of reassurance this is not an insecurity its a fact I have resigned too. Very rarely I get lucky but most of the time the photo comes out as if I was posing for a circus magazine. (Actually its much worse than that).
- My feet are famously known for their freezing temperature. They are always cold. I’ve been to a doctor and nothing is wrong with me, I just have cold feet. (Good luck to my future husband)!
- I love to play tennis even though I’m not very good at it (requires hand eye coordination).
- I’m kind of a gamer. I say kind of because I’m not one of those hard-core gamers, but I do like video games. My favorites are Spyro for Playstation, Zelda for gameboy and Nancy Drew for the PC. (When I say my favorites I mean the only games I play).
- I LOVE Disneyland. Seriously I believe it’s the happiest place on Earth. I know it’s always crowded and expensive but I don’t care what anyone says, Disneyland IS magical.
- I have seen the musical Wicked three times, it’s my favorite musical (and I’m not just saying that because it’s the only musical I’ve seen).
- I’m an actress. Not professional or anything but I am involved in my local theater and enjoy it very much!
- I love to sing! No, I’m not good at it and no, I’m not just saying that, I’m terrible; but I’m always singing (often the wrong words to my sister’s frustration).
- I latch-hook. It doesn’t require any skill just patience and its very relaxing.
(Get ready for a shocker). I’m not a natural red-head. I was born blonde, but now dye it. I was always a true red-head at heart though.
That’s eleven facts, now you know that I’m a dino loving, terrible singing natural blonde with cold feet. (Does it adjust your mental image a bit)?
Eleven Questions I was asked:
- Which would you prefer to possess– power or wisdom– and why? Wisdom, without a doubt it can take you infinitely farther than power ever could.
- What invention do you think has been the most important to Humanity? I’m going to have to say the internet– it has completely changed the way the world works.
- Which would you rather have– the ‘perfect’ body or the ‘perfect’ mind– and why? Well considering I already have the ‘perfect’ body (JOKE) I would go with the ‘perfect’ mind even though I don’t believe in a ‘perfect’ anything. Perfect, like beauty, “is in the eyes of the beholder”. I don’t think being the smartest is perfect but others might disagree.
- Do parents have rights over their children– or duties to their children? I’m a little biased since I have only ever had experience as a child, never a parent. I don’t believe parents have rights over their children as their children are human beings and should grow up learning to make choices. There is a fine line however, when the child is too young to understand the consequences of their choices. This is when parents should do their duties TO their children.
- Your child asks you: “I want to be a footballer but I want to be an artist too. My teacher says I have to choose one. What do I do?”– Whats your reply? Both. I would go speak to the teacher and explain quite nicely that my child will be doing both and if that didn’t work I would explain not so nicely. It’s instances like this that make children believe they have to fit into a stereotypical mold. It’s outrageous that a child would have to choose and my future child never will have too.
- You have the ability to write the greatest epic novel of all time– given a great deal of time– or you can write a hundred bestsellers in a few short years. Which do you do, and why? Everyone that knows me should be able to answer this question. I have plenty of patience so taking a great deal of time to write the most epic novel ever is no sacrifice to me. This is actually a secret wish of mine, to write an epic novel that means something. I want to write something beautiful and full of truths and it doesn’t matter one bit if it’s a best seller or not.
- You can go to the swankiest, most expensive, top-ranked chef’s restaurant– cost no obstacle– or you can go to a small family place with traditional, all freshly made, home cooked food. Which one and why? Well, I’m a picky eater so probably neither. I would just go through the drive-thru at McDonald’s.
- Traditional animation or CGI? I grew up with traditional animation and even though CGI is amazing the traditional way will always hold a special place with me.
- Whats your favorite tree? What a great question! It’s the oak tree for sure because it looks like the perfect reading spot.
- A field, a bat, a ball, or school sports day? Which is most fun? Well even though I lack the necessary hand eye coordination, I would say the ball is the most fun because I love a good round of catch.
- Which: lying on a perfect beach beside a perfect sea or getting bramble-scratched and nettle-stung picking fruit with the family? I couldn’t enjoy the beach without my family so it looks like fruit picking for me! (Mom, you better appreciate that answer).
Great questions Steve, I am officially intimidated to ask my own. Now I get to nominate eleven brilliant bloggers. Please note said eleven bloggers that you are being nominated for both the Liebster and the Inner Peace award. In no particular order:
- Book Adoration (a dedicated book reviewer)
- Getting Rid of Boredom (always leaves you thinking)
- The Librarian who Doesn’t Say Shhhh…. (for setting the bar high for librarians)
- The Skeptical Reader (this girl is in the midst of college and still manages to write beyond awesome posts)
- The YA Book Blog (for being an expert in all things of the young adult genre)
- Wrapped up in Books (for incredibly thorough book reviews)
- Disquietus (for her obvious love of books)
- Books for a Delicate Eternity (she always participates in fun weekly memes)
- Books and Bindings (the girl KNOWS how to run a blog)
- Project Light to Life (she inspires me to be a better person every day)
- Ramblings of an Elfpire (she shares my love for Harry Potter– and has a great book review blog)
It’s my turn to ask the questions (*insert evil grin*)
- If you were forced to choose between going deaf or blind, which would you choose?
- (The dreaded deserted island question) If you ‘planned’ on going to a deserted island what five books would you bring and why?
- If you could aspire to be anything in the world, no matter your skill level, what would you be and why?
- What is your favorite time of the day?
- What inspires your creative side?
- What was a magical moment in your childhood and why was it magical?
- Name something on your bucket list and explain why it’s there.
- Do you prefer an e-reader or a solid book?
- Set aside reality, if you could only operate one, would you choose the brain or heart?
- Are you an ugly crier? (No shame).
- Name a person that makes you happy and explain why.
Alright I’m off to inform my nominees, have a great day and happy reading!
- Leibster Blog Award. (theurquharts.com)
- The Liebster Award (hoops2class.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (counsellingjournal.wordpress.com)